Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do I find my account number for a closed bank account?

I held an account with HSBC about 2 years ago now, but this account was closed. I have no correspondence relating to this account, but do know the branch it was opened at.





I have since changed address.





I went to the branch before and the staff seemed reluctant to give me the account number, eventually saying that they were unable to as they don't hold the records anymore.





However, i remember reading somewhere that they must store information for at least 6 years.





Any help would be much appreciated.





Thanks
How do I find my account number for a closed bank account?
Not sure what kind of software/records they have but I worked at a bank if we put in the customer's name a list would pop up with all their accounts- active and closed.


Go ask them again and if you need to speak with a manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment