Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What date do I have to take into account for proccesing times when filing for permanent residence?

I have already filed and received the receipt for the I-485 and in that receipt there 2 dates: Received date and Notice Date. Which one do I have to take into account to calculate the time frame to get my green card?
What date do I have to take into account for proccesing times when filing for permanent residence?
Receipt Date refers to the date the USCIS received your application while the Notice Date refers to the date the USCIS sent the letter (I-797 Notice of Action) acknowledging that they received your application and it usually indicated in the letter the date application was received.





Example:


Receipt Date: April 26, 2007 (USCIS received the application on this date)





Notice Date: May 3, 2007 (USCIS will send you back a letter or I-797 Notice of Action, acknowledging they received your application and it indicated the date they sent this notice letter.





The receipt date is when the clock starts.
Reply:Received date. The avarage waiting time is 90 days. If you don't get a letter requesting you to come in for an interview you should go to your local office to find out what's the hold up. It's useless to call the toll free number, their system is not updated ,and basicaly they are not allowed to give out any informations about your case anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment