Saturday, October 24, 2009

Are good tailors supposed to take into account the way pants are going to fit you when sitting?

I should start off that I am male -- It seems that all of my dress pants (and some jeans) always feel too tight in the crotch when I sit.





I'm thinking that pants can't have a crotch too big or the pants will look weird...? What are some fashion tips or remedies for this problem?
Are good tailors supposed to take into account the way pants are going to fit you when sitting?
Not wanting to be funny, but how exactly do you sit? I often find that the posture of a person affects the way the clothes fit. Try pulling them down on the legs slightly before you sit down. I know that's a girly thing to do...but it may work.





If not, find yourself a really good tailor. A good tailor is like a good hairdresser...they will make the most of what you have and make you look fabulous. Try looking in the Yellow Pages and ask around...reputation is a good place to start. It is kind of tricky to add fabric..nigh impossible...so I would suggest having a chat with a tailor about what it is you want and then they will most likely say to buy your trousers slightly too big and then they can take them in...it's not cheap, but if it looks better/feels more comfortable clearly worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment