Saturday, October 24, 2009

What can people do with my bank account details?

Hi,





I would like to offer someone I know to send some money to my bank account. However I don't want to risk them being able to access my account. I'm just wondering if I send them my sort code and account number etc. what can they do?





People never give their details out over the phone, there must be a reason?
What can people do with my bank account details?
With those two things they can withdrawl money from your account electronically. You should never give that info out ever. If someone wants to wire money to your checking account, have their bank call and get the required information so they can never see it.





An even better option is western union. It costs the same as a wire transfer and it is much safer for you.
Reply:Open up a Paypal account, have it linked to your bank account and have them send the money through that way. I've been using Paypal for years and have never had issues with security sending or receiving funds.
first name

No comments:

Post a Comment